WHAT I SEE
I see photography as a journey, an exploration, and a visual perception. Through my lens I try to make an emotional connection with what I see, and to share with others how beautiful the most common things in life can be if you only can see it.
My choice of subject is intuitive and often impulsive, it all depends where I am at that moment. It's a never-ending process of self expression and a journey to find my own expressive style.
I am a Kingston based self-taught photographer, born in The Netherlands with a gene for traveling and moving to other countries. That's how my love for photography started, to connect with different cultures and to make everlasting memories.
In 2004 I moved to Kingston, Ontario and I immediately embraced Canada with its endless beauty from coast to coast. And it's here where I started to pick up my passion for photography again.
"THOSE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC WILL NEVER FIND IT."
EXHIBITIONS & ART SHOWS
– Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition
– Skeleton Park Art Festival
– Women's Art Festival
– Modern Fuel Art gallery
– Art after Dark
– Gallery Raymond 7 x 7 annual exhibition
– City of Kingston, Paved Paradise Downtown Beautification Strategy
– Kingston General Hospital Art Exhibition
– "The Intuitive Eye" by Richard Martin and Stephen Patterson
– PX3 (Prix de la Photographie Paris)
4 Bronze and 2 Honorable Mentions
– International Photography Awards
4 Honorable Mentions